How can we support you?
- Advice and Guidance through STSA in partnership with http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/web/ed_gov_support_gov_ed.htm
- Training (additional Slough focused training to be advised shortly)
- Toolkit for new governors (now available, will be delivered to schools for Chairs of Govenors)
Slough School Governors Conference
The conference presenters and content were:
Key Speaker, Tom Middleshurst, Head of Policy and Public Affairs at SSAT
Tom presented on the current education climate and the c hanges facing schools in the near future.
Antonia Spinks, Executive Vice Principal of Upton Court Educational Trust and
Adam Fletcher, Deputy Headteacher, Wexham School
Antonia and Adam presented across phases on Slough school data, how data can help, how to read it and which data to look at.
The conference was held at Beaumont Estate, Old Windsor
Governors - Slough Specific
These sessions are specifically for Chairs, Vice Chairs, and Clerk To the Govenors and Governors, as follows:
- Session 1 - Clerk to the Govnenors - What Makes a Good Cler with NLG, Carole Ann Rycroft, (repeated from 15 June 2016) Tues 13 September 2016 Burnham Park Hall
- Session 2 - Governors Conference - Current Education Climate and School Data, Key Speaker Tom Middlehurst, Saturday 17 Sept 2017 Beaumont Estate, Old Windsor
- Further sessions to be advised
For full details please click here
Self Evaluation for Governors
The FFT Governor Dashboard, developed in partnership with the National Governors'' Association and the Wellcome Trust, provides a range of information to help governors support and challenge the school leadership team.
The Governor Dashboard clearly displays information about results and pupil progress, subject performance progress of pupil groups, school context, attendance and highlights some of the strengths and weaknesses of the school, making it the ideal overview for planning towards the inspections too.
All subscribing schools can download the Governors Dashboard from FFT Aspire and share it easily with governors. Alternatively, governors can be provided with their own account giving access to not only the Govenor Dashboard but also a range of other information to aid their ''support and challenge'' role. The new Aspire has been enhanced to also include overviews of all key stages, providing a wealth of information in an accessible format.
Free e-learning modules and downloadable resources are available to help you get the most out of your Governor Dashboard.
''Inspectors will expect governors to know about the strengths and weaknesses of the school. Inspectors will expect school governors to be familiar with, and understand, perofromance data.''
FFT Aspire Handbook January 2015